5 Secret Health Benefits of Chicken Siu Mai
Very popular of Asian origin is the steamed chicken Siu Mai and the lamb meat, also known as shumai. This very nutritious recipe can also be accompanied by a special sauce to increase its flavor and the good taste of your palate.
This recipe can be homemade, with multiple benefits compared to others that can be obtained in the street.
Lots of fiber, large volume and low calories.
Foods that have a notable contribution of fiber in their composition and have few calories with a large volume, are usually foods that have high aqueous content and a low presence of fats and other energy components.
When trying to lose weight and take care of ourselves, it is always advisable to moderate the intake of foods more concentrated in calories, such as the shu mai Chicken recipe.
Street foods are characterized by containing simple sugars contained in food (easy absorption) and trans fat, these are components of food that are linked to increased risk of gaining weight.
But not only that, but also, highly processed foods, because they contain high levels of fructose, have recently been associated with greater fat accumulation and therefore, are considered a possible cause of obesity.
- 500 g skinless chicken drumstick.
- 150 grams of clean peeled shrimp.
- Dried shitake mushrooms 3 pieces.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons cornmeal.
- Dumpling skin.
- Salt, sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil (all 1 tablespoon).
For the sauce:
1. In a pan or small saucepan over medium heat add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
2. We remove it well and when it starts to boil, we turn off the heat, let it cool and it is ready to accompany our Shumai.
Specific properties of each ingredient
- Shrimp in cholesterol, 85-gram serving of shrimp provides 166 mg of cholesterol, so it is recommended to eat it in moderation.
- Sesame oil is a perfect source of essential fatty acids, high in antioxidants, and low in saturated fatty acids, sesame oil is also widely used in Chinese cuisine, as it has a good taste and aroma.
- Lean chicken breast is the best source of protein as it is low in fats, low in cholesterol and easier to cook compared to other sources.
- Dumpling skin is considered an excellent option to lose weight, as it contains a small number of absorbable carbohydrates, compared to common wheat flour.
- Shiitake mushroom is a fungus. An extract made from this mushroom is used as medicine. Shiitake mushroom is used for boosting the immune system, lowering blood cholesterol levels
- Protein: 2.8g.
- Fat: 2.7.
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g.